Another beautiful recipe from the food x fashion collaboration with the wire mannequin, this is a simple recipe with a burst of so many beautiful flavors – just watch the spicy shrimp dipped in avocado and cumin dip disappear in minutes. Enjoy!
Preparation time: 30 minutes, plus refrigeration time
Cooking time: 4 minutes
For the spicy shrimp,
- 2 tbsp Sriracha chili sauce
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 handful cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 16 to 20 shrimp, deveined and tails in tack
For the Avocado & Cumin Dip,
- 2 avocados, peeled and stoned
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the spicy shrimp, in a bow, mix together the Sriracha, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, cilantro and sugar. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the shrimp and mix together, cover with cling film. Marinate in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours, or longer.
- Heat a large pan on medium to high heat, add the shrimp in batches until pink on each side (2 -3 minutes per side). Pile on a serving platter.
- Just before serving, in food processor combine all the ingredients for the avocado and cumin dip, process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped cilantro on the spicy shrimp and serve with a side of avocado and cumin dip, and spear toothpicks in a few shrimp.