November 3 marks the United Arab Emirates's national flag day. It's a time to contemplate the tremendous strides the country has taken since its founding 45 years ago.
Flags cover the sandy beaches and it's a poetic, aesthetic display of national pride. Here are some of the artsiest renderings of the Emirati flag.
2. A nation that blooms from the desert
3. A good metaphor: swirling color in perfect geometric shapes
4. Against the backdrop of a sunset
5. An etched painting of a patriotic crowd
6. When the flag swirls, and becomes the stuff of beautiful abstract art
7. Dubai port covered in national pride
8. Waking up to patriotism
9. UAE umbrella art
Happy National Flag Day!