Former England star and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador David Beckham posted a picture of himself with footballing legend Diego Maradona at a Dubai event this weekend.
David Beckham, who owns property on the Palm Jumeirah, was in Dubai to help announce a partnership between CityWalk-based children's fashion store Level Kids and UNICEF.
"Raising money is never easy [until] people realize what they're raising money for and what they're spending their money on," the 42-year-old Englishman said to the audience at the event according to Popsugar.
Between 2011-2012, Maradona was the manager of Dubai-based Al Wasl Football Club and returned to the UAE in May 2017 to take over the management of Fujairah Football Club.
There was mutual respect, love, and hugs all around...
"A true gentleman..."
Here are 5 random facts about David Beckham and Diego Maradona you should know...
- Beckham's favorite class in elementary school was art.
- At just 16 years of age, he dropped out of school and began playing for Manchester United's junior team.
- David Beckham played his first professional game for Manchester United when he was just 18 years old.
- In 1997, Beckham was voted the Young Player of the Year and finished second in ranking for the overall Player of the Year award.
- David and his wife Victoria Beckham sold the pictures of their wedding to OK! Magazine for $2.2 million.
- Maradona is the only player in the history of football to have received a record transfer fee twice.
- He is of Italian, Spanish, Croatian, and Indigenous Argentinean ancestry.
- At the age of eight, Maradona was spotted by Francisco Cornejo, a youth coach, and was inducted to Argentinos Juniors team.
- Maradona made his international debut for Argentina against Hungary on February 27, 1977, when he was just 16 years old.
- During his time at Napoli, he helped the team win the Copa Italia in 1987, the UEFA Cup in 1989, and the Italian Supercup in 1990, apart from the league championship. Many newborn children were named after him in his honor in Italy.