I’ve recently become a big fan of amuse-bouches . Honestly, I never considered them satisfying and it put me in a bad mood to know dinner was served in small quantities of everything. But because I’ve been paying attention to the quantities on my plate, I have found that small appetizers can help in measuring how many proteins, carbs and vegetables I have in one sitting. Surprisingly, I now sometimes make myself a plate of vegetable appetizers for dinner and I go to bed having eaten only that!
I have also found that the shape of the food we eat plays a big role when it comes to how much we enjoy it. For example, I’m a big fan of sushi and spaghetti. When we made zucchini noodles, it felt like I was eating a giant bowl of spaghetti, which not only did I enjoy, but helped ban the guilt I feel when I eat carbs. The other night, I felt like sushi rolls but rice was out of the question at that hour. So we set out to make these amazingly fresh and delicious maki-like vegetable rolls.
Vegetable and Crab Maki Roll Recipe
What you’ll need (for 6 rolls):,
- 2 cucumbers
- 50 g package of shredded crab
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- A bunch of fresh coriander leaves
How to make it:,
- Peel the cucumbers and slice them thinly (not too thin though) in length.
- Place the cucumber slice on a plate, then place a slice of avocado perpendicular on the slice, a sprinkle of crab and a coriander leaf.
- Roll the cucumber around the other ingredients and stick them with a toothpick.