The internet has become such an integral part of all our lives that we rarely stop to think of how things were before the world wide web launched back in 1991.
In the early years after its launch, connections were rare in the Arab world. So if you're a 90s child, we bet you'll remember what life was like pre-net.
Just in case your memory needs a bit of refreshing, let's take a trip down our simple old internet-less lives in the Arab region:
1. When you felt like listening to music
No streaming, no music apps, no nothing. Just a library full of cassette tapes.
2. When you needed to get a quick message or photo through
Post offices, papers, envelopes, and wax stamps ... that's how you got it through.
3. When you wanted to DM someone
Yep, pretty much.
4. When you needed to find a contact
It wasn't as simple as a quick Google search. You needed an entire number book.
5. When you wanted to block someone
Don't we all wish things were this simple nowadays?
6. When you wanted to send over a song
Back when "share link" didn't exist.
7. When you felt like playing games
Online games who? This is all we had before the internet came to life.
8. When you needed to "Google" something
Back when pulling out an encyclopedia was all the rage.
9. When you hosted a movie night at home
Before Netflix and the online streaming age, all we had were the good ol' VHS tapes.
10. When there were no WhatsApp groups
We created our own.
11. When you couldn't figure out who's online
Just a quick peep out of the window or balcony would do it.