1. The size of our Lebanese pounds
A4 paper anyone?
2. And our enormous driver's license
A valid question guys!
3. Not to forget, a super outdated photo on your ‘hawiyeh’
But, how can the police identify someone with such an outdated photo?
4. The existence of traffic lights ... that are never put to use
Yellow light means slow down. In Lebanon, it means "Let's race"
5. Because who needs traffic lights when you have policemen?
Chaos. Chaos. Chaos.
6. How about the inefficiency of the Lebanese passport?
& then getting weird marriage proposals because someone found out you hold a foreign passport.
7. Where B replaces P on public signs
OK, OK. The letter "P" doesn't exist in Arabic but these are English words!
8. Hitting on people happens on the back of trucks
Keeping you entertained in traffic.
9. As does spreading words of wisdom
10. Gotta admit, it sometimes makes you smile, doesn't it?
11. Or burns your eyes because you're evil...
12. Anything can get a license plate
13. And anyone can get a driver's license
Just go out and buy one.
14. And graffiti is more than just an art
Because who says mainstream is the right way?
15. Not to mention the on-going power cuts
16. And the confusing street signs...
17. Because driving in the country kind of has no rules
18. Which kind of forces you to master the art of driving
19. Cars are used not only for people but for furniture among other things...
And they say we're not efficient.
20. And sidewalks are used for anything but walking
21. Raw meat is so important that it takes up a whole section in menus sometimes
22. Famous for taking something Western & making it our own
Because we love being creative.
23. The unfortunate "bus stop" system
Want to take a bus? Just wait right where you are standing...it will come to you, just have faith.