One of the biggest additions to my Summer Wardrobe was this MANGO bucket bag in the light peach color. I must admit I was going instead for a designer bag (cheering for FURLA), but alas, I couldn’t find the color I wanted in stock. After the FURLA disappointment, I was going to toss this idea all together and not invest in a new bag this summer, but somehow I ended up in the MANGO store in Beirut and fell in love with this bag.
I know it is hardly comparable to the designer bags out there, but I still love it to death. I think if you are looking to add a new bag to your existing collection, and you are on a budget, you should definitely consider my short review.
- It is the perfect size for daily use. Not too big, and not too small, if you get what I mean.
- It comes in the perfect summer shades. I wanted exactly this shade – light peach – and only MANGO carried this color in the store.
- It can be carried two ways: over the shoulder (long strap) and on your arm (short strap).
- It matches with absolutely anything in your wardrobe. Whoever thinks that black goes with everything, should try light pink or peach instead. It completes any look without overpowering it.
- It's made of very sturdy faux-leather material, which keeps its shape even when not overly full.
- As it happens with all light-colored bags, it gets stained pretty easily from dark denim or any other similar pieces.
- The stitches are not perfect, but for the price that they asked for, I could totally overlook it.
- Since it is a bucket style bag, it evidently has only one compartment that doesn’t close properly, which could be a problem if you are like me and carry more stuff in your bag than you could ever need. So make sure not to shove your stuff into your bag. Instead use little pouches for your smaller items like lipsticks and hairbands, if you do not want to lose them.
All in all I highly recommend MANGO bags. If you are looking for budget, good quality bags, or simply want to try a certain trend before investing in a proper designer bag.
Also, I paid $30 when MANGO was having 50 percent off sale. A bargain indeed.