Jamie Harron Source: Twitter/TheScotsman

In July, a Dubai businessman, identified as Emad Tabaza, filed a complaint against British tourist Jamie Harron after the latter "accidentally" touched his hip in a Dubai bar. Harron was arrested and sentenced to three-years in prison for it. 

Now, the businessman has dropped the charges, but prosecutors are still going ahead with the case. 

Tabaza, the managing director of Neuman & Esser, has said that he's received death threats since the incident. 

"With a certain distance from the incident and the punishment to be expected for the suspect, our employee decided to withdraw the complaint despite the harassment having been confirmed by several witnesses," a statement on behalf of Tabaza said

"However, according to the typical laws [of] the country, this does not automatically result in the termination of the proceedings as, for example, very likely in England or Germany," it added. 

The company spokesman also said that Tabaza was touched by the suspect "on the thigh" rather than the hip as initially reported. 

Emad Tabaza Source: metro.co.uk

Harron - a tourist from Scotland - was arrested for "public indecency" after placing his hand on a man at the Rock Bottom Cafe to avoid spilling his drink on himself or others, according to his representatives. 

He then "touched [the] man on his hip to avoid impact."

German citizen, Tabaza then asked him why he touched him, a question to which he received no response. 

"He didn't answer me, instead, he flashed his middle finger at me," the 49-year-old manager told The National. 

The 27-year-old British electrician was taken to Al Barsha Prison and was locked up for 5 days and then released on bail with his passport confiscated.

Harron has lost his job since the ordeal began and claims to have spent more than $39,000 (AED143,000) in legal fees and expenses since he was first detained in July.

The case has received widespread international media coverage and reports say Harron was on a two-day stopover in Dubai on his way back to Afghanistan, where he works as an electrician.

Harron was summoned to a hearing on Sunday after he reportedly failed to attend a previous court date in the city.

A verdict on the matter is due on October 22.