Pumpkins are not just for Halloween. They’re in fact one of the lowest calories vegetables to make a meal with, and the most recommended by health professionals for lowering cholesterol and losing weight. Full of antioxidants, they’re the perfect addition to your salads. Pair them with spinach and you’ll be on your way to the Popeye effect.
Here’s a fast and delicious pumpkin salad to add some seasonal flavor to your diet.
For the salad:
- 4 cups pumpkin cubes (i.e. fresh pumpkin, diced)
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 3 Tbsp Pumpkin seeds
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
How to make it:
- In an oven dish, place the pumpkin cubes on aluminum foil, sprinkle with the olive oil and place in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
- In a bowl, place the spinach leaves, then top them with the roasted pumpkin cubes and pumpkin seeds.
- Make the dressing by mixing the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour it over the spinach and pumpkin cubes.
Serves two. Enjoy this fresh meal!