On Sunday, a video showing two Muslim women being refused entry to a restaurant in France made the rounds online.
The women were told to leave Le Cenacle by a man, who has been reportedly identified as the eatery's boss, calling all Muslims "terrorists," according to Al Jazeera .
The man has since apologized, following backlash by the local Muslim community who came together outside of the restaurant, demanding an explanation for his comments.
“I spoke out of turn and I apologize, I have a friend who died in the Bataclan attacks and wrongly mixed everything up. I do not truly believe the things I said, my comments did not reflect what I really think,” he said, according to RT .
The French minister for families, children and women's rights Laurence Rossignol tweeted that she ordered an investigation, calling for sanctions against the "intolerable behavior."
"I got the DILCRA to initiate investigations and sanctions against the intolerable behavior of the restaurant's boss."
"The terrorists are Muslim and all Muslims are terrorists… they recently killed a priest. This is a secular country and I have a right to an opinion… I don’t want people like you here. Full stop," the man said, according to RT .
Since the incident happened, many people have taken to the interwebs with the hashtag #Cenacle .
The restaurant's ratings have been hurt pretty bad
Many are standing with and for Muslims
And many are wondering...where's the backlash?
Last week, a number of French towns began imposing a controversial "burkini ban" which ultimately led to an incident where four armed French policemen forced a woman to remove the piece of clothing.
Since then, France's interior minister Bernard Cazeneuve called the ban both "unconstitutional and ineffective," and a French high court has ruled the ban illegal.