Janet Jackson shocked and delighted fans in April when she announced via Twitter that she was cutting her tour short to plan her family with her billionaire Qatari husband.
More recently, the American pop star's family planning has been the subject of media speculation as sources close to the singer have said she is in fact pregnant. While some people have been freaking out, and even critical, due to the fact that Jackson is about to turn 50, we're more interested in talking about the baby's daddy, Wissam Al Mana.
Here are 5 things to know about the man who will be the father of Jackson's baby.
1. Mana was born in Qatar but moved to London at the age of 2
He credits his interest in fashion and style to his formative years spent in the city.
2. He is the executive director of Al Mana Group, a company founded by his father
Mana now co-owns the company with his two brothers.
3. His company operates everything from fast food chains to luxury fashion brands and automakers within the GCC
McDonald's, Haagen-Dazs, Infiniti, Nissan, Giorgio Armani, Dolce & Gabbana, Alexander McQueen, Zara and Reebok are a sampling of the brands Mana's company holds the rights to.
4. Mana's company has real estate as well... because why not?
Doha Mall and Mirqab Mall are some of his company's forthcoming projects within Qatar. Citywalk Residence is slated for Dubai and Park Lane is being developed in London.
5. He tied the knot with Jackson in 2012
After meeting in Dubai in 2010, they were married in Qatar two years later and they've kept their relationship quite private. In fact, they were married for one whole year before announcing their marriage publicly!