There's some kind of freakish resemblance between media mogul Oprah Winfrey and Arab grandmas.
Her reactions to things can pretty much sum up our relationships with them.
Don't believe us? Here's proof:
1. When you tell her you're too full to eat food she's cooked
Full blown meltdown ahead.
2. When you refuse a second dinner serving
But end up having it because... Arab grandmas.
3. When you tell her you're becoming vegan
4. When you visit her after a long time
And she jokingly says: "Habibi smallah jeyye se7tak" (You gained weight).
5. So then you tell her you're on a diet and she's like
Diets and Arab grandmas don't mix.
6. When someone says "butter is unhealthy"
We cooked with it all our lives, she'll say.
7. When you visit her for Eid
Eidiyya for everyone.
8. When you curse in front of her
Nothing good follows.
9. When she offers you life advice
Arab grandmas are always right.
10. When she talks to you about her childhood
These are the best stories.
11. When you introduce her to your boyfriend/girlfriend
Good luck getting her blessing.
12. When you tell her you don't plan on getting married anytime soon
Nothing upsets an Arab grandma more.
13. Or ever
Not getting married is not an option here.
14. When you cave in and say you'll consider marriage and kids
Her life has been made.
15. When you tell her you're traveling for college/work
And she doesn't take it too well.
16. When she finally figures out how to Skype with you when you're away
And screams her way through the entire call.
17. When she attends your graduation
The proudest moment of her life.
18. When she joins you in a gossip session
Arab tetas are fun.
19. When you know she's judging everyone and everything
20. When she says "To2borni/To2breene"
Where in the world will you find a granny who says "may you bury me?" No where.