For whatever reason, a lot of people get confused between Lebanese and Lesbian.
Sure, the words have some of the same letters ... they both start with L ... but other than that?
Nonetheless, from real life conversation to Twitter, to popular Western TV shows and even Fox News, the mix-up keeps on happening.
1. Some people just can't tell the difference
2. It's 2017 people ...
3. Is this explanation SERIOUSLY necessary?
4. Americans seem to be particularly confused
5. A Lebanese festival isn't a Gay Pride event ...
Although that might be a cool combination ...
6. Umm ... nope
7. Pink was confused AF by this hater ...
For the record, Pink isn't Lebanese ... nor a Lesbian. But, whatever.
8. It might have all started with this Golden Girls episode ...
Back in1986, season 2 episode 5 of Golden Girls featured a brief discussion of female sexuality. The dialogue goes like this:
Sophia: For starters, Jean is a Lesbian.
Blanche: What's funny about that?
Sophia: You aren't surprised?
Blanche: Of course not. I mean, I've never known any personally, but isn't Danny Thomas one?
Dorothy: Not Lebanese, Blanche! Lesbian!
Blanche: Lesbian... Lesbian... Lesbian! But isn't that when one woman and another...
9. Or maybe some people are just dumb
10. Even Fox News got confused
During the 2006 war between Israel and Lebanon, a Fox News anchor said Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah condemned Israel's "bomb attacks on Lesbians."
But hey, it's Fox News ... what do you expect?
11. Salma Hayek had to correct a TV host once
Hayek: I'm half Lebanese
TV host: You're Lesbian?
12. Then there was this episode of Glee
In the episode, Brittany gives Santana a t-shirt that's supposed to say Lesbian ... instead it says Lebanese.
13. There's also this interesting Mean Girls theory ...
Janis was plagued by Lesbian rumors in middle school ... and some fans think this is because she told classmates she was Lebanese.
14. And this stupid question ...
15. But seriously ... why does this Lebanese/Lesbian mix up happen ALL the time?