Let's face it, no matter how much we all #LiveLoveLebanon, everyone needs a break every once in a while. If you're wondering whether it's time to take a vacation and head abroad for a weekend getaway, or ideally longer, here are some signs to look out for.
1. It's been God knows how long since you did something new or really exciting
2. Every down moment, you're just scrolling through Instagram, searching for photos of distant places
3. You also tried SnapChat, but then you realized all your stories were exactly the same after one week
4. But admit it, you only turned to Instagram and SnapChat because you reached the end of Tinder
5. You've concluded you'll never find "the one" in Lebanon
6. So you just drink away your problems at happy hour every evening after work or class
7. And you can't remember the last time you didn't spend your weekend taking selfies in Mar Mikhael or Badaro pubs with the same group of friends
8. The last time you left city life behind was to drive in the mountains or visit the beach for only a few hours that one weekend a couple months ago
9. The highlight of the last few months was when you went to see the Yasmine Hamdan concert
10. And it's become way too exciting when Thursday rolls around and new movies are showing
11. All your social dates circulate around the same three cafes, pubs or restaurants
12. Every time someone does something obnoxious in traffic you curse them and blame all of Lebanon's woes on this person
13. On the flip side, you find yourself doing more things wrong in traffic than usual and justifying it as necessary
14. But hey, at least you're so accustomed to the smell of garbage now that you don't even notice it!
Although we're not sure that's a good thing. . .
If even half of these signs resonated with you, maybe you should start checking airfare prices. Here's a list of visa free destinations for Lebanese, just in case.
Who knows, maybe you'll even find "the one"?