Unicorns are mystical, beautiful creatures that are always presented as the most majestically glowing animal you'll lay eyes on.
They're also fictional, very much like these phrases that Arabs would never, ever say.
1. "You pay the bill"
HAH! As if we would let anyone pay the bill...
We'll argue till dawn before we nail-down our guest while waving the paid check at the waiter.
2. "Sorry, I don't know much about this topic"
This one, in particular, would make any Arab tear up.
We only wish someone would say it...
3. "You don't have to eat if you're not hungry"
Instead, we're told to stuff our faces even if we've just had a mountain of Mansaf for lunch.
"Eat mama, eat..."
4. "You don't have to be a doctor, I will always be proud of you no matter what"
Don't get this the wrong way. After you become a doctor, they will always be disappointed in you if you're not married.
So, it's basically a vicious cycle of never pleasing your Arab parents.
5. "You can live alone if you want to"
You may give it a try if you're courageous enough... but you'll be locked up in your room until you get married.
6. "I don't care about what people say"
While a lot of Arabs really don't care what society has to say about their new haircut and ripped jeans, many live in fear of rumors and gossip.
7. "You can hang out with anybody you want. And yes, sleepovers are included!"
Can't remember when was the last time any parent uttered these words...
Oh right, never.
8. "I'll mind my own business and won't ask any personal questions"
Said no Arab ever.
9. "You're a big girl, you can travel alone"
10. "You are 18 now, you can make your own life decisions"