It's no secret that Dubai's traffic can turn a 10-minute journey from the Marina to JBR into an hour-long and never-ending drive around the city...
However, recently it seems to have gotten even worse...
Why, you may ask?
Well, because of school, that's why.
Kids have returned to school after a long summer break and now we all have to readjust to the current horrific road jams.
Rude awakening, indeed.
Here's a list of feels you get while driving through Dubai's endless, bumper-to-bumper traffic.
WARNING: Some of these gifs are waaaayyyyy too real:
1. This is what it looks like when you're driving from Sharjah into Dubai every morning!
And, of course, the same when you drive back after a whole long day at work! I just want to go home and sleep.
2. Why did I ever get my license? As if standing in the queue at RTA for days just to register for my test wasn't stressful enough...
Disclaimer: It doesn't take days to register at RTA... maybe a few long never-ending hours though...?!
3. Driving down Sheikh Zayed Road... *Daydreams about leaving car on the side of the road and walking to destination instead*
There is always one *special* case... So special he/she has to use the hard shoulder...
4. Ya tara mama tab5a eh enaharda? I hope it’s ma7shy.
Actually, anything mama cooks will be nice ... just get me off the E11!
5. I've forgotten what it's like to not be in a car all the time.
Most people in the UAE literally live in their vehicles! I guess it's cheaper than renting a bed in Dubai...
6. I really wish I had a motorcycle (as if you would weave in and out of traffic).
7. Ya reitne ma 5aragt…I should have stayed in bed.
8. I guess I can't go to Physique 57 today (as if you were actually planning on going to the gym).
9. I need a bathroom. NOW.
*When the only alternative option to your toilet at home is the "clean and well-maintained" bathroom at ENOC*
10. I'm never leaving my bed ever again...
...until the weekend... when you have to get back into your car to drive to Barasti/People by Crystal...